Stok Khangri Trekking in Ladakh
Zingchen to Stok La (4400 m ): 6/7 hrs. Trek Zingchen to the base of Stok La, a pass below the mountain. Throughout the trip, we are trekking through the barren lunar landscape
Day 01: Arrival in India (Delhi)You will be meet at the airport and transferred to the hotel. Spend the afternoon and evening relaxing in your hotel room or taking in the sights of Delhi. Overnight Hotel.
Day 02: Delhi to Leh (3505 m): 1 hr
Day 03: Acclimatize and sightseeing in Leh. Spend day in Leh to acclimatize. For the more energetic a visit to monasteries such as Shey, Thikse and Hemis will be arranged. Or choose to relax and walk into Leh town, to its exciting market and outdoor restaurants. Enjoy the great views of Stok Kangri (6153 m) and its surrounding peaks. Overnight Leh hotel.
Day 04: Leh to Zinghen (3900 m): 5/6hrs
Day 05: Zingchen to Stok La (4400 m ): 6/7 hrs. Trek Zingchen to the base of Stok La, a pass below the mountain. Throughout the trip, we are trekking through the barren lunar landscape of Ladakh. The weather is hot during the day and cold at night. Reach Stok La and have a well earned hot meal and good nights sleep.
Day 06: Stok La to Mankorma (4900 m): 5/6 hrs
Day 07: Mankorma to Base Camp (5000 m): 4/5 hrs We make an early start and reach base camp with still most of the day to rest.
Day 08: An spare day at Stok Khangri Base Camp (5000 m) This is a spare day to explore around base camp.
Day 09: Base Camp to Stok village to Leh (3500 m): 8 hrs From base camp we descend all the way to Stok village. This is a great walk passing by numerous ruins of old forts and castles. It takes about six hours to reach Stok village where we are met by waiting vehicles. We then drive two hours back to Leh enjoy a meal at the hotel.
Day 10: Fly from Leh to Delhi Take the amazing flight back down to Delhi over the Great Himalayan Range. Upon arrival to Delhi transfer to your Hotel.
Day 11: A free day in Delhi by your own
Day 12: Transfer to Airport for your flight back.
- Airport - hotel -airport picks up and drops by private vehicle in Kathmandu.
- Three nights’ hotel in Kathmandu on BB aas per category.
- Two nights’ hotel in Pokhara on BB plan as per category.
- Meals on full board (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) during trekking period.
- Local fresh fruits where available.
- Best available accommodations during the trek in Teahouse.
- Upper Mustang Trekking map, one in a group.
- An experienced Government license holder guide.
- Trekking porter /Sherpa/mules to carry your bags during the trekking 2:1, max 15 KG baggage/porter.
- Food, drinks, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipments, transportation, local tax for Guide and porters.
- Ground transportation by coach from Kathmandu to Besishahar and Pokhara-Kathmandu.
- Private vehicle from Nayapul to Pokhara after trekking.
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available) if required.
- All necessary paper works and Annapurna conservation entry permits (ACAP fees).
- TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management System).
- All government taxes and our service charges.
- Farewell Dinner before departure.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Your Travel insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver. (Tipping is expected but not mandatory).
- All kind drinks (hot, cold and alcoholic)
- Personal shopping and laundry etc.
- Personal trekking Equipments.
- water Bottle
No fixed departures.