Markha Valley Trekking in Ladakh
Markha-Nimaling: Walking Time 7-8 hrs. Nimaling at 4650m is steady ascending and descending. Nimaling Plateau is green pasture where you can see permanent encampment
Day 01-02: Travel to Manali from Delhi and stay for a day for proper acclimatization. Local sightseeing can be undertaken by foot. ( Walking is essential while acclimatize)
Day 03-04: Travel to Leh by Jeep / Toursit Bus
Day 05: Rest Day at Leh ( Stay in Hotel )
Day 06: Spitok-Rumbak: Walking Time 6-7 hrs. Spitok monastery is one of the most importance as being one of the oldest from 15th centuary.A gradual walk through village Jingchan 3600m to Rumbak 3750m.
Day 07: Rumbak-Yurutse: Walking Time 4-5 hrs. Spectacular view of Stok Range from Yurutse 4150m.
Day 08: Ganda La-Markha Valley: Walking Time 6-7 hrs. Gandal La 4920m requires steady ascent and slow pace. Scenic view of Zhanskar Range. Through village Kaya 3650 it is gradual walk to Skiu 3700m.
Day 09: Rest Day
Day 10: Skiu-Markha: Walking Time 7-8 hrs. Trail crosses the river Markha several times. There are army bridges so no problem in crossing river although in past it was a big problem and people have to trek kms. for finding proper place to cross safely. Markha village at 3850m is gradual walk through typical Ladakh trail.
Day 11: Markha-Nimaling: Walking Time 7-8 hrs. Nimaling at 4650m is steady ascending and descending. Nimaling Plateau is green pasture where you can see permanent encampment of shepherds. This is a place which further provides excess to deep hidden valleys.
Day 12: Nimaling-Chogdo via kangmaru La: Walking Time 6 hrs. This is not as strenuous as it looks. Stady ascent to La 5030m will require 2 hrs. at most. From there you can see scenic view of Nimaling Plateau which seems like a land out of dreams as this is only green pasture among brown and gray land of rocks and scree. Chogdo at 4050m is gradual but long descent.
Day 13: Chogdo-Hemis: Walking Time 4-5 hrs. Walking besides stream, this is gradual walk to world famous monastery of Hemis which is said to be having links with Christ and Guru Nanak Dev, a Saint/Guru of Sikhs.
Day 14 – 15: Traveling Back to Manali
- Airport - hotel -airport picks up and drops by private vehicle in Kathmandu.
- Three nights’ hotel in Kathmandu on BB aas per category.
- Two nights’ hotel in Pokhara on BB plan as per category.
- Meals on full board (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) during trekking period.
- Local fresh fruits where available.
- Best available accommodations during the trek in Teahouse.
- Upper Mustang Trekking map, one in a group.
- An experienced Government license holder guide.
- Trekking porter /Sherpa/mules to carry your bags during the trekking 2:1, max 15 KG baggage/porter.
- Food, drinks, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipments, transportation, local tax for Guide and porters.
- Ground transportation by coach from Kathmandu to Besishahar and Pokhara-Kathmandu.
- Private vehicle from Nayapul to Pokhara after trekking.
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available) if required.
- All necessary paper works and Annapurna conservation entry permits (ACAP fees).
- TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management System).
- All government taxes and our service charges.
- Farewell Dinner before departure.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Your Travel insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver. (Tipping is expected but not mandatory).
- All kind drinks (hot, cold and alcoholic)
- Personal shopping and laundry etc.
- Personal trekking Equipments.
- water Bottle
No fixed departures.